Microwave Design Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
CAP Wireless is currently seeking a microwave design engineer with extensive RF and microwave experience to perform microwave amplifier design and development. The ideal candidate must be able to work as a cooperative team member, but must also be comfortable working individually. We need a self-starting, motivated individual who is comfortable expressing opinions and ideas about methods and process improvement.
- Design, including simulation and verification, various low noise and high power microwave amplifiers
- Support product transition to manufacturing
- Define test criteria for microwave amplifiers including qualification and production test plans
- Create product associated documentation, including Bills of Material, fabrication drawings, assembly drawings and documentation
- BSEE, MSEE preferred
- 3+ years RF/Microwave circuit design and realization
- Ability to perform circuit and subsystem design, including microwave power amplifier design with related control circuitry
- Knowledge of and extensive familiarity with microwave passive and active components, including power combiners, isolators, limiters, switches, filters, LNAs, PAs, oscillators, PLLs, etc.
- Experience with amplifier system design, along with thermal and mechanical considerations
- Prior experience in broad band power amplifiers a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with common microwave test equipment, including network analyzers, Spectrum analyzers, power meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Extensive experience with simulation tools, (AWR Microwave Office), 3 dimensional electromagnetic simulators (HFSS) and mechanical tools (AutoCAD, Solidworks)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If this sounds like the job for you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.